Top Wedding Venues in Denver: Moss Denver
A wedding is among one of the most important celebrations in someone’s life. A big part of this festivity centers around the venue, since the venue sets the tone and is where you and your guests will create memories of a lifetime. Because of how important this decision is, we will highlight one of our favorite venues in Denver each month and give you insider information to help you find the perfect location to get married.
This month, we’ll be featuring one of our favorite industrial-chic spaces, Moss Denver.
Venue at a Glance
|Max Capacity||Cost||Amenities & Features|
||$3,500 to $6,000||
Perfect for the couple who: is creative and is looking for a simple yet timeless space to make it their own
Why we love Moss Denver: Dreamy moss walls and glass ceilings
Moss Denver is located in Denver’s Santa Fe Arts district, the perfect neighborhood for artists, gallery owners and emerging creative spaces like Moss Denver. This vibrant part of the city will bring an urban and warm energy to your wedding day.
About Moss Denver
Built in the 1900’s, Moss Denver is a location that pays homage to the creativity and design that can be found all around the district. The three rooms inside of Moss Denver (Chandelier Room, Edison Room and Vestibule) total up to 6,000 square feet – lots of space for you to use and let your imagination run free.
The Chandelier Room contains remarkable chandeliers hanging from the ceiling which will add the perfect touch of elegance to your wedding day. The large windows in this 3,000 square feet room allow for plenty of natural light, while giving your guests a glimpse of the Santa Fe Arts district.
Relish Tip: The Chandelier Room is usually used for the reception as it is the largest space in the venue. Some couples opt to use this for the ceremony, and Moss Denver will flip the room for a dinner set-up while guests are in the Edison Room for cocktail hour.
The Edison Room, named after the Edison-style bulb lighting in the room contains the famous 10-foot tall rotating moss-covered walls everyone in town is talking about. This 2,600 square feet room has plenty of natural light thanks to the glass ceilings, making this an inspiring and unique area for wedding day festivities.
Relish Tip: The Edison Room is usually used for the ceremony as well as cocktail hour. The moss walls serve as an incredible backdrop when integrated as part of the decor.
The Vestibule is a space between the Chandelier Room and the Edison Room. This additional space is typically used as the spillover area or reserved as an entry way for the bride and groom.
Relish Tip: We’ve seen the Vestibule used as the welcome area and bar for guests. This is also a great spot to place a gift table or set up a photo booth.
With three spaces included in the $3,500 to $6,000 fee, Moss Denver is one of the most versatile and highly sought-after wedding venues in town. See below for some additional perks that come included with the venue booking:
- Selection of tables and lighting for use
- Parking for up to 45 vehicles in a lot right across from the venue
- Private dressing room that can be used for pre-event preparations
- In-house audio and visual
- Altars and arches are available for your ceremony
Relish Insider Tips
- Most of the couples we see using Moss Denver as their venue are going for a simple yet elegant feel for their special day. These couples use lots of greenery and candles as they do not want to overpower the modern industrial look that Moss has.
- We love all the custom pieces the venue includes as part of their fee such as the bar, moss/wood reversible wall and custom farm tables. Use them all. Every detail has been thought through for both the couple’s use as well as the vendors’.
- The Chandelier Room has a white wall that many couples choose to get married in front of. We love seeing large floral installations here.
- Use ceiling installations for decor. Florals hanging down over tables as centerpieces or hors d’oeuvres stations hanging down are some of our favorite ways to use this space (our kettle chip or pretzel stations are fun options for this!). Using hanging pieces complement the rooms in this venue.
Having an open space like Moss Denver will let your creativity run wild. Take advantage of the three rooms and have fun with the process. If you have any questions about Moss Denver or other venues we’ve partnered with, feel free to give us a call or fill out our contact form to get in touch. Chat with one of our professional Event Designers and get started with “The Relish Way”!